Search Site
Family Law

Trustworthy Nashville Family Law Attorney Keeps You Informed

You can do something about your family law situation

Many people who walk into my office ask the basic questions: can I do anything about this? Do I have any legal rights? Can you do anything to help me? The answer is usually a resounding yes. Fathers have rights, grandparents have rights, children have rights and mothers have rights. Even if a court has ruled against you, I work with the appellate system in Tennessee to correct the wrong and get your family situation back on track. When I take you on as a client, I keep you informed about your case from the minute you walk into my office through the conclusion of your legal battle. We are in this together and I am here to help.


Adopting a child changes so many lives for the better. Unfortunately, it is often a difficult and time-consuming procedure to adopt a child in America. In order for an adoption to occur, the parental rights of the parents must be terminated – either voluntarily or involuntarily.  Sometimes this is done as part of the adoption; sometimes it is done earlier in a separate proceeding. If you are interested in adoption, I advocate for you throughout the process.

Juvenile law

As a juvenile law attorney, I work with the juvenile court system to protect the rights of children. I work closely with state agencies and opposing counselors in the areas of child custody and visitation, child support and paternity, and grandparents’ rights.

Department of Children’s Services

The Department of Children’s Services was created to help children — but it can be a notoriously difficult agency to handle when there are legal issues regarding the safety or welfare of your children. When DCS becomes involved with your family, the situation frequently becomes adversarial.  To protect your rights and those of your children you need an attorney experienced not only in the law but also in DCS policies and procedures.

Juvenile misdemeanors and felonies

I’ve helped children who are abused and neglected, as well as children who are charged with delinquent misdemeanor and felony offenses.  Whether the juvenile records are made public depends on the seriousness of the offense.  For the most serious offenses, the district attorney may try to have the case transferred to criminal court and have the child treated as an adult.

Call Thomas H. Miller, Attorney at Law today for your free initial consultation

If you are involved in a family law issue, call 615-208-9851 today for your free initial consultation or contact me online. I offer flexible office hours and I am pleased to return calls after hours for your convenience. I serve clients throughout Nashville and in the surrounding counties of Rutherford, Wilson, Dickson, Montgomery, Maury, Sumner, Hickman, Cheatham, Robertson and Williamson. I look forward to hearing from you.


I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for us. From the first day I came to your office on short notice to the emergency custody to the final [order].


  • Franklin Office
    3326 Aspen Grove Dr.
    Suite 310
    Franklin, Tennessee 37067
    Phone: 615-208-9851
    Fax: 615-296-4488